Below are some carefully selected resources related to the Medical Assisting profession as well as links to other helpful online resources.
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA)
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- American Society of Podiatric Medical Assistants (ASPMA)
- Illinois Society of Medical Assistants
- Indiana Society of Medical Assistants
Other Online Resources
- Medical Assistants Resources and Training on Immunization (MARTi) – A website offering information about training for immunizations
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – ICD 10 – This CDC site offers information about the ICD-10 codes for medical billing and coding
- The Merck Manual Professional Edition – Use this for drug reference
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion: HealthFinder – Offers information on various diseases and other ways to stay healthy
- The Mayo Clinic
- Medline Plus – Trusted information resource from the U.S. National Library of Medicine offering links to information on diseases, drugs, and organizations
- ICD – The International Classification of Diseases diagnostic tool from the World Health Organization
- Center for Medicare & Medicaid Service (CMS)– CMS is a government site that provides information and learning resources for services of Medicare and Medicaid. CMS, is part of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Below are links to databases of open-access articles specifically aimed at topics in Medicine. If you find that PubMed and Google Scholar are not working for you, try this database of full-text articles for your research.